Created in 1994, it was the home of artists as Ann Quirynen, Anne Heyman, Peter Missotten, Wies Hermans, Kurt d’Haeseleer, Ief Spincemaille, Bram Smeyers, Klaas Verpoest, Bart Winant, Peter Vandemeulebroecke, Peter van Til and many others. From 2000 on, Peter Missotten is artistic director of de Filmfabriek. He works as a director and stage designer for performances and contemporary operas. He teaches Performance Arts at the Toneelacademie Maastricht. He's Professor Technology Driven Art for the Arts department of Zuyd Hogeschool the Netherlands.
Keep in touch with performance-maastricht.org! This site gives an overview of our recent works, as well as a link to the legacy of 20 years Filmfabriek.
* Inaugural Speech as professor Technology Driven Art as Zuyd University Maastricht, nov. 6 at the Toneelacademie Maastricht
* Set Design and directing 'DER GOLEM' at the Nationaltheater Mannheim. Opening night: April 16, 2016
* Set design and light for Guilherme Miotto – Schau’n se mal um die Ecke
Dutch Première: Verkadefabriek 's Hertogenbosch - 9&10 aug. 2015
* THE GOLEM - we've made the visual Libretto for a new opera by Bernhard Lang.
In March-April 2016, we will direct the opera at Nationaltheater Mannheim
* RISE UP - set design for a new dance creation by Ghuilherme Miotto for Korzo
* SLUTS OF POSSESSION - Set design for the dance performance by Gui Miotto and Rosie Kay. Video by Louis Price.
* AN EXPOSURE BY - new work by Peter van Til and Peter Missotten, in which they hack into the history of Art - from Fra Angelico till Delfts Blue's.
* UNPUNISHED - a dance project of Guilherme Miotto has been rehearsing at our studio's in Bierbeek from aug. 13 - 26. Premiere February 2, 2013 at Cadance. Peter Missotten does light and set design.
...a physical tour de force as the couple perform an anthropological compendium of trance or ritual dances... Sluts of Possession is an absorbing, fascinating encounter... The Guardian ...they dance with the projections, interacting with the images as they move into and out of the projector beam. In one sequence their silhouettes loom large on the screen, obscuring the footage going on behind them and becoming anthropological subjects themselves. The effect is uncanny... Fest
* ASINGONE - a video installation was on display at the Mozartsommer 2012 in Schwetzingen and Nationaltheater Mannheim.
The Intruder (de Indringer), The Waste Land (WeerSlechtWeer) and ILLBEGONE are now available on DVD (subtitled in English) - get it by sending an email.
Also, the video registration of 'KEPLER' by Philip Glass is out on DVD. You can get it at Amazon.co.uk and Amazon.com
* ON MARCH 30, 2014 We had a great party celebrating 20 years of de Filmfabriek......
At last, most of our visual past has been digitised at full quality!
'THE WAY OF THE WEED' by Anne Quirynen, AnMarie Lambrechts and Peter Missotten
a science fiction dance movie, featuring Thomas McMannus and William Forsythe is now available!
Eng. Spoken 52min or 82 min (two versions available)
And by the way, it's the home of a super friendly over excited dog: Perro.
Site updated on oct 17, 2015.